At MSD, we are committed to providing leading innovations and solutions as a premier, research-intensive biopharmaceutical company and continue to drive improved sourcing, procurement, and accounts payable processes across our business. We are pleased to announce that we decided to implement a program to transform our processes through a new partnership with SAP Ariba. This will enable important changes and benefits for our partnership.
Key Messages for Suppliers on use of the Ariba Network
- With the transition to a digital platform, all suppliers are required to transact with MSD on the Ariba Network
- Sourcing solution is implemented for all spend categories and all events will be launched via Ariba
- The solution supports end-to-end process management, from product specification, to sourcing and then contract management. Contract negotiations will be directly communicated and submitted via Ariba.
- The move to a digital platform increases visibility to orders, enables invoice submission and tracking of invoice status
- Electronic invoice submission will result in timely payments and reduce delays due to invoices getting lost or being received via manual methods
- A registration request for the Ariba Network, known as a Trading Relationship Request (TRR) will be sent with the first purchase order issued, and you must action on the request to set up your account
- Manual submission of invoices will be rejected by MSD and you will be asked to set up your Ariba Network account and resubmit invoices electronically
Please read the information on how you will manage your registration data in the future under the Supplier Onboarding Tab.