There are 2 types of Registration that you will be asked to complete, each with its own purpose and timing
Ariba Network Registration
- Enables the supplier to receive POs and send e-Invoices via the Ariba Network
- Different types of enablement are available
- Enterprise Enabled (TRR accepted prior to go-live)
- Standard Enabled
- At the time of first PO issued, suppliers will receive a Trading Relationship Request (TRR) (interactive email).
Supplier Lifecycle and Performance (SLP)
Supplier Registration with our company
- Part of the New Vendor Add process for Comet & Atlas (not a legacy supplier)
- Empowers the supplier to self-manage their details
- Will be triggered if there are changes to legacy supplier details
Trading Relationship Request (TRR)
As part of Supplier Enablement, you will be asked to accept a TRR. A trading relationship is a link between your account and Merck’s account on the Ariba Network (AN). If you do not have an established trading relationship, you are not able to process orders or submit invoices.
If you already have an existing Standard or Enterprise Account, you can log in with your credentials and the system will automatically link Merck to your AN profile, otherwise the system will give you the opportunity to sign up.
TRR acceptance for Enterprise Account:
After you received the email with the link to accept TRR, please follow the steps below to register your AN account:
- Locate the email received from: ‘email@example.com.
- Click on the activation link under ‘Action Required’ and Sign in with an existing account or register as a new supplier.
If there is an existing account – please make sure that you log in with the existing credentials to accept the TRR. The network will flash up some existing accounts to review if there is a match. In case you are not aware of existing accounts or not familiar with the network you should align internally before locking in with MSD on the network. If there is no AN account for your company, you can register new account.
TRR acceptance for Standard Account:
If you have a standard account, you will receive your purchase orders through an interactive email.
•In the email, click on the ‘Process Order’ button, where you can log in to your existing Ariba account or register for a standard account. The network will flash up some existing accounts to review if there is a match. In case you are not aware of existing accounts or not familiar with the network you should align internally before locking in with MSD on the network. If there is no Ariba account for your company, you can register new account.
•Once logged in, you confirm your order and submit electronic invoices. DO NOT delete the email as it is the only way you can issue your invoices.
In case you lose the original email, you can log in to your account and re-send a copy of the order to your email.
For supporting documentation on the Standard account usage and how to register, please refer to the SAP Ariba supporting home page and the instructions link below, available in multiple languages.